With the increase and ease in online shopping one may feel that this is an ideal way to shop and forget about going to one of the many shopping malls, India has to offer. Shopping malls were a real rage in 90s, with the centrally air-conditioned enclosed areas that could prevent people from the scorching heat to the open-air amphitheatres where people would get together and enjoy the winter sun, this one stop shop with a multitude of offerings became very popular across age groups.
In fact, having a store at a big shopping mall, can prove to be quite beneficial to business owners. People may intend to go for a meal or a movie but browse around before or post that and end up with an impulse buy. Having a standalone store or online store may deprive you of that benefit. By renting a retail space in a mall, a store owner gets automatic access to clients of competitors who are in the same mall.
When it comes to high-end luxury brands, people like visiting the store physically because of the experience the store has to offer. It is not just about owning the product but also the entire shopping experience that one doesn’t want to be deprived of.
Malls are not limited to shopping sprees, they have multiplexes, gaming centres for the kids, food courts and multiple restaurants offering a variety of world cuisines. To start off with, the shopping malls, India had were believed to cater primarily to the elite but these days malls cater to all shopping categories – there are high end malls that have luxury brands and offer fine dining and then there are malls exclusively for the mid-range shoppers with a variety of restaurants that are fairly reasonable. There are malls that cater to a variety of budgets.
Being at a shopping mall like Select Citywalk has it own charm that comes with a range of benefits
- You get almost everything under one roof – right from cafes, departmental stores, grocery stores, electronics, sportswear and more
- It makes things easy to compare as competitors co-exist – so if one doesn’t like a particular brand or is finding it pricey – they can hop across to another store
- In today’s day and age, finding parking when you go shopping is a boon and shopping malls offer plenty of parking
- Gaming zones for children that also act as a great place for birthday parties
- Variety of restaurants, fast-food options at a food court and food festivals
- Movie theatresor multiplexes showcasing a variety of movies
- Facilities such as rest rooms, charging stations, first-aid
- Carnivals, fair and pop-up stores are other quirky attractions that prevent the malls from becoming mundane.
Everything that a mall has to offer makes the entire experience fun-filled and satisfactory. With the kind of offerings and attractions a mall offers from time to time ensures that this is a shopping destination that is here to stay.