The truth is that social media gets more attention than email marketing. Despite the claims that email marketing is not practical, it is just not true. Any marketer will tell you that email persists as a foundation of their campaigns.
- We do not deny the fact that email marketing is not as popular as it was. But it is still one of the best strategies that will help you grow your business.
- Emails grasp most of the people they’re meant for, so email marketing lives as a necessary part of your marketing strategy.
Email Marketing Statistics
Email marketing statistics reveal that email is here to stay. Research shows that more than 100trillion emails were sent by average email subscribers every year. Most of us read and are attached to the email. With the rise of the mobile industry, it is effortless to check your email. No matter what age group you belong to or where you are from, email has a great way of touching their audience.
Consumers and Email Marketing
What does cold email marketing look like from a consumer point of view? Consumers prefer using email for communicating with brands.
- Marketers also like using email; they consider it extremely important to their marketing distribution efforts. Some reports show that marketers have some work to do when figuring out how customers will respond to their emails. Since many emails people or brands send as spam, we can see how consumers could quickly be confused by getting the wrong emails. But it’s effortless to deal with this, you have to report that email as spam, and that’s it. Important content is a big concern for email marketers. Because we know that content is one of the primary forms to lure and maintain your audience, discovering ways to create good content has to be a top priority for any marketer.
Here are some of the things you have to know when starting with email marketing:
People are overflowing with interruptions and ads everywhere they look. This type of marketing is called cold email marketing. You might think your email is unique. However, to the reader, your email is one in a million and not in a good way. It’s necessary to keep in mind where you are and have good behavior. Reaching out to someone via mail is like being invited to their house for lunch. If they ask you to leave their home, you politely do so. So before we start, I’d like to give you a hint on how to behave at all times and remember, you’re a guest in their inbox.
How to build your email marketing list?
- Step 1:Make your list
Before you can begin mailing out, you require people to send those emails. So, how do you make your list? Start by attaching a banner or application to your website, directly asking people to subscribe.
Try giving them a reason.
Offering a reason is the easiest way to gather email addresses. There are several approaches to this. Some prefer to offer things for free, while others provide a newsletter or product updates.
You can also offer an ebook, white paper, or another downloadable asset. Contests and giveaways are another excellent way to convince people to give their email addresses.
Some popular methods to attract people to sign up include:
- email series
- free downloads
- new releases and product updates
- Step 2: Provide good content
If your call to action is intense and you research consistently, you are on an excellent path to success. But if you don’t want to set yourself up for failure, don’t send one email per day; instead, you should send them daily. The first email is so essential to the success of your email marketing attempts.
- Step 3: Analytics and segmentation
Now that you know the basics behind creative email campaigns, let’s talk about getting things to the next level. Precisely, using segmentation and analytics improves your performances and makes even better results than a primary campaign. This approach especially works if you are an online retailer on platforms like Safex.
If you’ve been neglecting email marketing, it’s time to reevaluate your tactics.
Email marketing delivers enormous returns for marketers ready to learn how to do it right. It doesn’t have to be too difficult. First, don’t forget that you’re a guest in the inboxes of your subscribers. Your emails are constantly just one click away from losing their interest forever. Be polite, respectful, and present content. Give people what they’ve requested and send emails daily that follows up with their expectations. It’s all about what works the best for you and your company’s style. Start sending different types of emails to diverse groups of people so you can present more valuable emails.
Based on these things I wrote, what do you think? Is email marketing still a valuable marketing technique?